…thanks to Cee for hosting the Fun Foto Challenge
….after a very long hiatus
It seems like I haven’t made art for a long time. I feel like I want to do too much and something has to go by the wayside. Unfortunately that something has been my art. Currently I’ve been very busy with baking bread twice a week at Montgomery’s Inn, lawn bowling two nights a week, taking ukulele lessons and trying to practise between lessons, going downtown to the Women’s Art Association of Canada to work in the library and trying to get up to the cottage on weekends.
My father tries to be as independent as possible but there are times that I need to drive him to doctors’ appointments, grocery shopping and the bank. Fortunately my neighbour has returned from the hospital and I no longer have to go next door to feed her cat every day. I did that for seven weeks.
This weekend I stayed home to spend more time with my husband. Unfortunately our plans to go out together didn’t pan out because he came down with a bad head cold. I am very grateful to our daughter and daughter-in-law who invited me to go to the art gallery today. It was a fun afternoon. I’ll tell you more about that in another post.
On Friday, I opened my sketchbook and took a line drawing that I started earlier in the week and filled it in with colour. It was very therapeutic.
….part of the Sketchbook Revival
On day one of Sketchbook Revival one of the two visiting artists was Carla Sonheim. You’ve heard me mention her many times on my blog because I’m constantly taking on-line classes with her. For this particular session, Carla had us look for animals or objects in a photo of sidewalk cracks that she provided. I’ve done this exercise many times with my students when I was teaching. It’s a lot of fun and it’s amazing how many different things people can find. Here are 3 animals and one person that I found in the same photo.
….took another page of one-line drawings and added some interest
I purchased some new Tombow paint pens and pulled out my Artist Loft markers and added some colour to this piece. Then I added some collage for more interest. I’m much happier with this updated piece of art.
….#3 of the transparency film collages
I’m really enjoying this technique and as promised I tried something other than flowers. One of my random cuts turned out to look like a duck so I built a landscape around him. I can only assume he’s a he because of his bright colours. I added some marker detail on the duck, such as an eye and feathers. After gluing everything down I felt there was too much white so I added a wash of colour with my Winsor Newton Promarkers.