I’ve wanted to write a blog for awhile and I had started one about eleven years ago but it wasn’t with WordPress and I found the experience a challenge and frustrating. When my youngest daughter started up her ‘wedding blog’ my interest in blogging was re-ignited. I liked the look of her blog and when I inquired about it I discovered that she had used WordPress. She assured me that getting started would be easy and she was right.
My reasons for writing a blog are varied. First and foremost I wanted to record memories of my childhood for my children and secondly I thought that blogging would be a good way to stay in touch with family and friends that had moved or lived far away.
Over the last ten years that I’ve been blogging, Mama Cormier, has become so much more. I quickly discovered that it was a great tool for helping me get fit and lose weight. There’s something about keeping you on the straight and narrow when you know that hundreds of people are following your progress.
• Born in Germany
- Moved to Canada at the age of two
- Lived in Toronto most of my life
- Went to the University of Guelph and the University of Toronto
- Married for 46 years
- Have 3 children, 2 girls and 1 boy
- Have been an elementary school teacher for 36 years – now retired
- Youngest daughter got married 11years ago and her twin brother was married six years ago in Assisi, Italy. Our oldest daughter married her partner of 10 years 6 years ago as well.
- Became grandparents for the first time in Oct. 2015 to a beautiful baby girl and again in January 2020 to another beautiful little girl.