A Photo a Week Challenge – Reflection

….since there is no new challenge this week I decided to go back to Nancy Merrill’s blog and check out which challenge I’d missed

The challenge that I missed was ReflectionIMG-3608
P1060574
IMG-3856
P1060792
IMG-6981
IMG-8664
fullsizeoutput-74a6

IMG-9222

Adding Detail to my Prints

….day 171 of 365 Days of Art

Recently I showed you 6 prints that I made in a print making class using found objects to give the print texture. Some of the prints were ghost prints which means that a second piece of paper was put over the inked design and when it went through the press a lighter version of the first print appears.

Here is the ghost print of one of my designs.

IMG-9491

I decided to brighten this print with some light blue watercolour to the rope at the top and on the bird where I also added a few details, like an eye.  Some lines were incorporated to blend the body into the tail feathers and create a wing.  I also added some gold geli pen on the grasses and around the beak. After darkening the border slightly I also added some gold detail on the bottom right corner and a little more in the upper left hand corner to balance it.fullsizeoutput-751b

You may have noticed that I haven’t signed it yet. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Birds at the Cottage

I’ve always had a lot of hummingbirds attracted to my feeder at the cottage. This summer  I purchased a bird feeder that I can put bird seed into. In the first week I didn’t see any action and I thought that I had placed it too close to the cottage.

Last week, while we were sitting outside, I saw my first visitors to the feeder. They were mostly chickadees. Perhaps they are not as fearful of humans as other birds.P1060669
P1060670
P1060734
P1060746

Chicken – 365 Days of Art

….day 144

The assignment from Carla Sonheim this week was to find a photograph of a chicken  and draw the outline with a black Sharpie and then with a finer marker make some detail marks and lastly take a pencil and add some shading. It was optional to add colour with some light coloured markers.

IMG_3711

I think I will try this again but use lighter markers or no colour at all.

Developing More Characters

….days 141 to 143 of 365 Days of Art

Over the long weekend I was totally engrossed in creating these collage characters made from art papers. The first thing I had to do was create more art paper because I had left my collage papers at home. Out came the watercolour paper and my watercolour set and I went to town. IMG_3633

Once they dried I cut out random shapes in different sizes and then I started to play. Here are three more ‘characters’ that I created from the cut out shapes.

IMG_3627
IMG_3631
fullsizeoutput_7097

Character Development – Collage Bird

…..day 140 of 365 Days of Art

Over the long weekend I worked on Carla Sonheim’s assignment, Character Development. We had to take art papers and cut them up into random shapes….large, medium and small. Then the fun began.

I looked at all the pieces and looked for shapes to create an animal. The idea here was not to go with the first creation but continue to move pieces around and change them until you saw something that you really liked. Here is my little bird, duck, chicken going through different stages.C99_EB5_BE_719_B_4965_9650_283_D72_E760_FB

…..here is my final bird

IMG_3629