….it’s almost scary how quickly these challenges come up
How many places have you lived? You can share the number of physical residences and/or the number of cities.
• born in Frankfurt, Germany
• lived in Garmisch, Germany for about a year
• moved to Canada when I was 20 months old
• lived in Toronto until I was 5
• moved to Oakville when I was 6
• moved back to Toronto when I was 10 and have stayed here ever since
• for 4 years I went to school in Guelph but I always came home in the summer
• after I got married my husband and I moved three times – for one year we lived in uptown Toronto, then moved to the High Park area and lived there for two years and finally we bought our house down by the lake in the west end of the city – we’ve lived in the same house for 35 years
What type of music relaxes you the most?
Most music relaxes me. When I was at the concert last week, even the music by Shostakovich put me to sleep. Music that doesn’t relax me is punk, heavy metal, rap, goth and grunge.
If you could instantly become fluent in another language, what would that language be and why?
I think I would pick French. I’m surrounded by it every day at school and just once I’d like to surprise everyone by answering back in perfect French. All my children went to French Immersion school and I’ve taught in two French Immersion schools but on the English side for more than 25 years. I just assumed that I would pick it up by osmosis but sadly that didn’t happen.
If you could fly or breathe under water what would you prefer?
I would prefer to fly. There are too many predators under water and I think It would be safer in the sky.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I am grateful that the snow has finally all melted away and that the garden is starting to show signs of spring. This week I’m looking forward to a short week at work (we had today off) and spending time with my friends on the weekend.
For more Share Your World posts check out Cee’s Photography.