….when people tell you it’s hot in Italy in the summer….believe them
We knew going to Italy in July that it would be very warm. Everyone who had been there before us warned us over and over again. One thing that we made sure of was to book accommodations that had air conditioning. Here is my list of how to stay cool in Italy in July.
- Stay only in air-conditioned hotel rooms or homes with air-conditioning.
- Drink lots of water.
- Walk in shady areas and underneath porticos if you can find them. They were everywhere in Bologna.
- When eating outside make sure you’re under an umbrella and preferably next to water.
- Spend time in the mountains (the Dolomites) or high up in the hills of Assisi.
6. Always wear a hat.7. Cool off in the sink, shower or pool.
8. Sit or stand by a fountain.
9. Spend time in an air-conditioned museum or find an old dark cathedral to sit in.
10. Enjoy a gelato.
11. Cover yourself in yogurt.
11. Find a shady park and sit or lie down for a spell.
12. Enjoy an icy glass of Aperol spritz or Prosecco.
I hope these suggestions are helpful. Enjoy!