…..today I received my first award
Today I received a nomination for a Liebster Award from Lakshmi loves to shop. The nomination came as quite a surprise and I love surprises, so thank you Lakshmi.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
1. The name on my birth certificate is Karola but my parents always spelled it Carola and most of my life I’ve been Carol.
2. I’m terrified of bears even though I’ve never had an encounter with one.
3. I worked in Germany when I was a teenager during the 1972 Olympics.
4. I was and still am a huge Beatles fan.
5. I hate housework but I hate a messy house worse.
6. I love surprises (good ones).
7. It’s very difficult to surprise me (most people give it away).
8. Except on our wedding day, I’ve always weighed more than my husband. Even when I got down to 132 pounds my husband was at the peak of his marathon running career and weighed 130 pounds. Neither of us have been close to those numbers in a very long time.
9. I didn’t start painting until I was in my late 40s and my style and skills continues to evolve and grow.
10. I could retire from teaching but I haven’t decided what my next career will be.
11. I’m afraid of heights and could never sky dive or go bungie jumping.
Lakshmi’s questions are:
1. If a fairy came and granted you one skill you could have what would it be? 2. Where would you most like to travel to? 3. Where is your favourite travel destination? 4. What is your most memorable hotel stay? 5. And why? 6. Do you keep a diary? 7. If you have a “next life” what do you hope to be? 8. What do you love about yourself? 9. What is your favourite colour? 10. What is your favourite movie? 11. I love cats…do you love animals too?
1. If I could have one skill it would be playing the piano.
2. I would love to travel to Italy.
3. Right now my favourite travel destination is the Netherlands (the fact that my son lives there might have something to do with my answer).
4. and 5. My most memorable hotel stay was at the Royal York Hotel in downtown Toronto on two separate occasions. The first was my wedding night and the second was a spontaneous overnight after the ballet. The second time around we didn’t have a change of clothes and we went to breakfast in our formal wear from the night before.
6. No, I don’t keep a diary. I’ve started diaries many times in my life but never followed through for more than a couple of weeks. This blog is the closest thing I have to a diary and is a lot more fun.
7. In my next life I would be an artist or an entertainer.
8. I love my creative spirit and spontaneity.
9. My favourite colour is red.
10. My favourite movie is The Wizard of Oz.
11. I love animals but I am more of a dog person.
My Eleven Questions:
1. If you could be any famous person from history who would you be?
2. If you could choose anything what would your last meal consist of?
3. Where in the world would you most like to live?
4. What languages do you speak?
5. What is your favourite name for a boy? … a girl?
6. If you could change careers what would you like to do?
7. What is the most dangerous or reckless thing you’ve ever done?
8. What is your go to meal when you get unexpected company?
9. Do you have any regrets in life? or what would you do differently?
10. Who was your favourite teacher and why?
11. What would you like to invent?
Nominating 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers is going to be difficult. I follow many blogs but a lot of them are well established and I have no idea how many followers they have. The list is pretty diverse and I love them all. Some of my favourites have already received this award so I haven’t included them. Here is my list of bloggers that I’d like to nominate for the Liebster Award: